Four Rivers Society for Human Resource Management is committed to excellence in the practice of human resource management with nearly 100 members from across West Kentucky and Southern Illinois. We are a not-for-profit professional organization that was founded in 1997.
The organization serves its membership by providing professional development opportunities and information relevant to the ever changing environment of human resource management. Our members include individuals who are full-time human resource professionals and other individuals who have human resource responsibilities as an integral part of their job. We serve the community through public service activities and support in the areas of education and workforce development.
The mission of Four Rivers SHRM is to promote excellence in the practice of Human Resources Management. Our focus areas for education and professional development include:
- Current issues in Human Resources
- Business Management & Strategy
- Workplace trends
- Employee Training & Development
- Compensation & Benefits
- Employee & Labor Management
- Policies/Procedures & Risk Management in the workplace
- Organizational Development
- Diversity in the workplace
- Career Management
Our 2021 Board Members:
President: Mindy Smith, Four Rivers Nuclear Partnership
Vice President: Allen Waddell, CFSB
Treasurer: Melissa Prigge, Credit Bureau Systems
Secretary: Vanessa Blagg, Jackson Purchase Energy Corp
Past President / KYSHRM Liaison: Sonia Osman, KY Chamber of Commerce
Communications Director: Mary Anne Medlock, West KY Workforce Board
New Member Director: Cassandra Vaughn, People Plus
Our Chapter has the several working committees within the organization. If you are interested in volunteering for any, please contact us.
- Best Places To Work
- College Relations, Chaired by: Teri Ray, Murray State University
- Conference Planning, Chaired by Janice Winder, Peel & Holland
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Legislative, Chaired by Randy Fox, Capstone Human Resource Services
- Scholarship, Chaired by Emily Forthman, Shawnee Community College
- SHRM Foundation
- Workforce Readiness, Chaired by Sonia Osman, KY Chamber of Commerce
Interested in joining us for a meeting or volunteering for a committee? Contact us by clicking here.